Tuesday 8 March 2011

Slightly better

It was another later start for me today. I think I might be having trouble getting out of bed these days. I sat down to trade at 8.26am and finished at 8.45am for +3 pips off two sell trades.


My first trade wasn’t great. And again I’m using the duration of the trade which was just over 40 seconds as my gauge for this observation. The good news is that the trade did not go negative at any point, but it did take it’s time to clear the spread and then go positive for +2 pips. So once again, I think this was slightly too risky in terms of time. The Cable did push down further after I had GOWID, which gave me some satisfaction that this trade wasn’t altogether bad, but ultimately, I need to feel good about a trade afterwards, and this one just didn’t quite do it for me.

My second trade on the other hand deserves some credit. The duration of the trade was 10 seconds, which to me is more like what it should be when a trade is executed well. I felt correlation and sufficient momentum was evident between the currencies before getting, another plus. And not to get carried away, but I also didn’t hang around to GOWID and finished this trade for +1 pip. Based on what happened after I GOWID – the currencies reversed direction – makes me feel even better about this one.

I am more than aware that this is only one day where I feel marginally better about my trading session and I am hoping to continue with this trend. The one thing that I am somewhat pissed off about today, is that I told myself last night to read yesterdays blog entry before trading today to give myself a bit of reminder of the do’s and don’ts – but I didn’t do this today. I did remind myself during the trading session today about waiting for that perfect opportunity before entering a trade and perhaps that is what helped me achieve today’s results – but until it is second nature for me to wait for these perfect opportunities, I have to use something to hammer it in to me and there’s no better tool than my blog posts of my trading sessions where I have seriously fucked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment