Friday 25 March 2011

I couldn’t have asked for a better trade!

I am ecstatic today.......I started at 8.29am and finished at 8.30am for +7 pips today off one sell trade which lasted 11 seconds. What a feeling to finish the week on such a high!


When I was setting up the charts, putting in my usual datum lines, I could see in the background that there was some strong movement going on with the currencies and correlation was evident as well. The beauty of today’s trade is that it checked all the boxes. The Swissy had already started moving upwards with momentum, if I remember correctly, the Euro had also started its downward move with momentum as well and the Cable was starting its move down – so I jumped in, and it went positive straight away, well, over a period of 11 seconds, and as soon as the Cable halted, I jumped out to lock in my pips, though it can be seen that the Cable resumed its downward move while I was taking the screen shot.

I have to remember these moves as these are the kind of moves that are worth waiting for days without trading. Meaning, there’s no need for me to try so often for risky pips in situations such as yesterday, earlier in the week or, on numerous occasions in the past. I know from today and from past experience that these moves do happen – I’ve got in on these before. I have just been so busy getting in and out of the wrong moves so often and so quickly into my trading sessions, that I have not given myself a chance to see great moves such as today’s develop. These types of trades are low risk and are perfect examples of trades that I should be getting in on – they don’t even need to produce as much as 7 pips – quick 2 and 3 pip trades here and there, 5 or 6 times a week would be more than enough to fit in with my targets.

Speaking of targets, I hit my 10 pips for the week but with only 3 out of the 10 trades this week were rules following trades. Having said this, I’m so fucking over the moon with today’s trade, it’s unbelievable – I now just need to calm down and start on Monday again as though it’s a new day, a clean slate and with an abundance of patience!

My round up for the week;

Mon -5 pips
Tues +6 pips
Wed +3 pips
Thurs -1 pip
Fri +7 pips

Total for the week, 10 pips.

No comments:

Post a Comment