Friday 18 March 2011

Foolish

This is the only explanation for today. I categorically stated in the blog yesterday that I was done with trading for the week – but I sat down again today at 11.11am and finished at 12.15am for -7 pips off two buys trades and one sell trade.


Why did I sit down to trade today? I wanted to prove that I could survive a full trading session without entering a trade if I wasn’t comfortable. And I wasn’t comfortable with entering a trade today for 37 minutes but then I dived in. Without going into all the detail, all three trades were executed purely. And my biggest issue is not being able to GOWID when I should. GOWID is the main tool I have to work on. Today is the perfect example of when that luck I have been living off ran out. Staying in trades that have gone negative and hoping for the trades to go positive is just wrong! It’s like Lien said, put the fire out early whilst it’s small!

In a way, I am glad that I traded today, because it shows without a doubt that my results prior to today were purely down to luck and not skill. But I have to stay positive or all of this will continue to eat me up inside. I now know for a fact that I severely beat myself up over my shortcomings and this has to stop. It doesn’t mean that I do not acknowledge my wrong doings, but it means that I have to simply learn from them and not repeat the same mistakes and curse myself for weeks on end.

I think that’s enough self analysis for one week, so I will finish with the update to my week’s roundup;

Mon +4 pips
Tues +9 pips
Wed +3 pips
Thurs +8 pips
Fri -7 pips

Total +17 pips and I am thankful for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment