Wednesday 2 March 2011

From a very poor start...

I started off today at 8.44am knowing that I had to stop trading at 9.15am due to announcements. In the usual fashion I wrongly jumped into a buy trade in this session which lasted over 12 minutes. Of course, this trade went negative at one point, that goes without saying. Fortunately, due to luck, this trade eventually produced +1 pip at the end of the 12 minutes. And I stopped trading at 9.16am with a view to sitting down again at 10.15am after which point no announcements were due again until 12.15pm.


This first trade is a clear sign of me not realising the fact that it is just wrong to stay in a trade and watch it go deep into the negative and hope for it to come back and go positive. I know this is completely wrong – so why have I repeated this wrong again? It can only be because I have traded like this and come away with positive trades or trades that have broken even in the recent past and subconsciously, I must be saying to myself that it is okay to carry on trading this way. Well this is me stating again in this blog, purely for my benefit, I have to stop fucking around, I will never come out of this whole that I am in if I don’t.

Moving on – come 10.09am, I sat down again for my announcement free slot of trading. This time my behaviour was better. I waited patiently. If you look at the hour candles of the Cable, you must be wondering how an earth I couldn’t scrape a couple of positive pips today with such large green candle being available. Well, having fucked up this morning, I was determined not to do it again. However, at around 10.42am I entered, or I should say, tried to get in on a buy trade, but the platform froze and eventually notified me that I hadn’t even got in – if the platform hadn’t frozen, I may have fucked up again in the usual fashion, or come away with a 0 to +2 pip trade. I am basing this theory on what the candle appeared to have had done after I eventually restarted the platform over the next 15 minutes – but who knows what I would have really done. Once I got the platform up and running, I started watching again, but did not find another opportunity that I was comfortable with to trade and at 12.01pm decided to call it a day.

In trying to stay positive today, bar the fuck up first thing, I think I showed the first signs of being patient and waiting for solid entry points before entering trades today. As they say, practice makes perfect right? I will have to wait and see if that applies to me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment