Thursday 24 March 2011

Coming away with something positive?

That is tough to do today. I started at 9.54am and finished at 10.46am for -1 pip off three buy trades. It’s very true when they say not to trade if your mind is not in a good place. And this resulted in me just not being able to GOWID appropriately in any of the trades.


I got into the first trade in the usual fashion, way too soon after I had sat to down for my trading session – just 4 minutes in. There was no way I could have got an idea of what was happening in the market in 4 minutes of observing, let alone allow  trade to develop. And I paid the price, I was -12 pips down at one point and stayed in this trade for 15 minutes before I was lucky again to come away with +1 pip.

The second trade which lasted nearly a minute and a half reversed in a split second and I did actually get out this time and locked in -8 pips. But just to be clear, I did not GOWID when I should have which would have kept my loss on this to -2/-3 pips.

The third trade, was identical to the first in that it lasted 15 minutes, went way down to -10 pips at one point and eventually came back to go positive by +6 pips which is when I got out, and as can be seen by the chart, it continued upwards by a further 4/5 pips. The point is, this trade along with the other two, was useless and I should be extremely thankful that I finished for -1 pip overall today.

So in answer to the question in my title, NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment