Monday 14 March 2011

No Improvement at all

With all that happened last week I start this week repeating the same mistakes. However, due the markets being kind and me being lucky again today, I started at 8.31am and finished at 8.48am for +4 pips off 3 buy trades. Though this time I can’t even find any consolation in one trade being executed well, all three trades were shit.


Trade one had a duration of over 40 seconds and went negative momentarily before going positive for +1 pip. Too long as usual and I am clearly unable to GOWID when a trade is going the wrong way or if I am in doubt.

Trade two was fucking terrible. The trade lasted over 6 minutes to produce another +1 pip. The duration being over 6 minutes – this was the perfect old recipe for disaster. I was extremely, extremely lucky that this trade went positive as at one point I was at -6 pips down.

The third trade, on the other hand.............no, as I said, there’s no – on the other hand – this trade was equally as bad as the others. With a duration of over a minute, I continued to stay in the trade even when I was in doubt at around -1 pip and luck was the only reason for this eventually finishing for +2 pips.

I just don’t know how I am going to get out of this rut – GOWID is the one rule that should protect you and I am not using it. Waiting patiently for good entry points is another rule that gives you a good chance of getting pips, I’m not patient. It’s all well and good that I am recognising my faults, but why the hell am I not learning from them. How many times have I cursed myself for breaking a rule? Today’s results are simply not acceptable – this has to sink in. I keep drumming it into myself – learn from my mistakes – most other people do, why can’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment