Tuesday 15 March 2011

Getting out of the hole

This blog is meant to be a tool to chart my road to success in Forex trading or the rags to riches story as the title states. Instead it’s has turned into a psychological tool whereby I’m venting my frustrations, being extraordinarily hard on myself and digging a hole deeper and deeper for myself.

So how do I turn this around – I being practical now – I have embarrassingly just shed some tears and it’s time to pick myself up. I need some inspiration. None of my peers are available to speak to on the phone and they all have their own problems, so talking to me doesn’t help them and talking to them doesn’t help me.

The biggest driver behind my despair is my financial situation. If this is plugged I would be fine. I have my Forex trading, but this does not use up all my time and is in fact better served if I can be in a sound state of mind when trading. I am certainly not of a sound state of mind these days. I am looking for job whilst not wanting to work for someone so it’s no wonder that I am being engulfed by these emotional states – all of which are not conducive to being productive. I am also aware that the goals I have for Forex are long term and cannot be rushed – so it’s simple, stop rushing. The good news is that I haven’t repeated some of my scary mistakes in Forex for quite some time, that being I haven’t lost my patience to such a degree and gone ahead and increased the pip value to £40 – I have stuck to the 5p per pip figure for quite some time, so long in fact that I can’t remember. The point is, and the good news is, that’s one lesson that I have learnt so far and I am sure there are several more, if I think about it.

I have to find something else that will help me. Ultimately, the one thing that would make me happy is not working for someone else and generating revenue through my own doing. So looking for a job is probably not helping. I have to find a business that I want to embark on and make a success of it. I have been on to entrepreneur.com today with the hope of getting this inspiration I need to stay on the straight and narrow, not get stressed or panic, and simply find a calm solution to what it is I am after. I have to remind myself that, in starting a business, it really doesn’t have to be something new, there are several tried and tested models that produce revenue, but finding the model that works for me needs focus and patience. I have been using words and phrases such as at one point, should have, could have and so on in many posts in this blog, when I should be using descriptions such as stayed focus, being patient paid off, my entry points today were great, frequently. It all sounds so simple in theory, but in practice, it needs work and more work until it is all second nature – and I know, I have said this to myself before as well.

I was just chatting to my partner a few minutes ago and what I have been talking about here keeps coming up – FOCUS, that is what is needed and that is what I will do. It’s not all going to turn around overnight, I know, but it will over time, focus and PATIENCE are key.

I will continue to use this blog to help me change my life around and one day look back on my posts and laugh thinking – I MADE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment