Monday 31 January 2011

A worrying start to the week

I started at 6.49am and finished at 7.33am for +2 pips off 3 trades, 2 of which were sell trades and 1, a buy trade.


I am not at all happy with my trading today again! All three trades were way too long, especially the second trade which lasted over 12 minutes. All of them also went negative before eventually going positive and in the case of the second trade, at one point (I wish I never have to use that phrase again), I was -10 pips down before it came back to relive me for a -1 pip trade.

I thought about my forex trading last night, in fact I even logged on to have a look at the platform and this blog. And one of the thoughts that hit me yesterday is how I was worried about losing stupidly today, especially after pulling off +10 pips last week. I was anxious, that’s right, anxious and worried. Crazy isn’t it? All I want to do, as I have said so many times before, is be able to bag a couple of pips here and there and keep my losses down to a minimum.

So, tomorrow is another new day for me to practice my good habits and get on that road to mental recovery. What do I need to remember? Wait for strong correlation between the currencies and strong momentum. If I am even slightly in doubt after getting in because the trade hasn’t gone positive straight away, get the fuck out of it! And of course, if after getting in to the trade it goes positive straight away, get the fuck out as soon as soon as a couple of pips are in the bag or more importantly at the first sign of any doubt that the trade is going to stall or worse, reverse!

That’s it for me today, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment