Tuesday 18 January 2011

Risky

I sat down for an afternoon session again today at 1.21pm and finished at 1.49pm for +1 pip off two trades. The thinking behind this was that I will be more relaxed and more awake to trade at this time. But my issues are, I haven’t mastered GOWID yet and I’m not waiting for good entry points.

My first trade, which was a sell, was pure luck. The duration of this trade was just under 5 minutes. It did not go positive straight away, in fact it didn’t go positive at all and thankfully, I got out when the losses had reduced to -2 pips instead of -7 or -8 that it reached at one point.

I then immediately jumped into a buy trade as I felt that the Cable was going to reverse, and it did, but very slowly. The duration of this trade was just over 1 minute, still way too long for what I should be going for. This trade produced a lucky +3 pips.

I watched for another 5 minutes or so and decided to call it a day as announcements were due at 2pm and the rules state, no trading 15 minutes before or after announcements right?

My trading slots for tomorrow are 7.00am to 8.45am or 10.15am to 12pm or 1.45pm to 3.15pm. There are no sessions outside of these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment