Thursday 27 January 2011

Not sure, but I think it was ok

Another early start at 6.38am today and an early finish too at 6.50am for +4 pips off one buy trade.


But a strange occurrence took place today whilst I was in the middle of my trade. But before I get on to that, I think today was an ok trade. I don’t recall the trade going negative apart from being at -2 pips from the point of getting in which is the spread, but it did take a while to go positive as the duration of the trade was 41 seconds, still too long in my opinion. So I need to spot better moves before actually getting into a trade.

Now for that strange occurrence......I checked what announcements were due today. There were a couple of all day events which had medium importance, one affecting the Euro and the other affecting all currencies. But the first announcement that actually had a time slot was at 11am affecting the Cable. So I thought I had free regain to trade this morning, and though there were a couple of all day events, 6.38am is still really early, so I was unlikely to experience any major volatility or the spreads increasing etc. Having said this, whilst I was in my buy trade, the Cable’s spread suddenly increased from 2 pips to 5 pips. Thankfully, I was already at a breakeven point when this happened and poised to GOWID (I think I was ready to GOWID anyway) if disaster struck, but low and behold, the Cable moved up to make me +1 pips when I exited, but by the time the system physically took me out, I was at +4 pips and of course, done for the day.

I am now done for the week as I have achieved my old target of 10 pips and here’s my weeks round up a day early for change;

Mon +1 pip
Tues +3 pips
Wed +2 pips
Thurs +4 pips

Grand Total for the week, +10 pips.

No comments:

Post a Comment