Thursday 6 January 2011

Being Sensible

I setup today at 9.03am and finished at 9.14am for +2 pips off one buy trade. I was late getting out of bed today as I genuinely forgot to set the alarm today so was kind of on a back foot again.

I was checking the announcement times during set and noticed that announcements affecting the Cable and Euro were due at 9.30am, 10am and 11am. The rules are that I should not be trading at least 15 minutes before or after announcements. I didn’t want a repetition of yesterday where I was sitting and watching during the announcement period so decided to close the platform after the first trade that happen to come along just before 9.15am, the time when you are not meant to be trading because of announcements.

My plan was to sit back down for a proper session at 11.15am when the announcement schedule confirmed that I would have an uninterrupted 1hr 45min session, but I’m not sure yet. I’ll see how I am set come the time as I have quite a bit of other work to do today.

The good news is that I felt good after my one trade today. And most importantly, all the rules were followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment