Tuesday 9 November 2010

therapy

I was feeling quite low after this morning’s trading session and after a spot of lunch, I noticed the time was coming up to 2pm London time, the New York trading session was about to open and could produce some activity. So I decided to sit down for another session at 2pm and ended up taking one buy trade one minute into it at 2.01pm and according to my transaction history, exited 34 seconds later for +2 pips.

I’m still not feeling great, but reflecting on this last trade, I was within all the rules, except for the fact that the trade was somewhat risky, that is, there wasn’t a massive amount of momentum. But the Swissy was holding its downward push, the Euro was moving up slowly and so was the Pound. During the 34 second period the trade was at -1 pip momentarily before it cleared the spread and eventually went positive.

Ultimately, I needed to feel good about my trading, so I closed the platform immediately after this one trade. I had my therapy session and felt better because the trade went my way and more or less had all the criteria that were needed according to the training. However, I am slightly disappointed for trading again after this morning, when one of the rules is not to trade more than you need to – and let’s face it, I didn’t really need to trade again today did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment