Monday 1 November 2010

A great start to the week!

The anxiety I was trying to get rid of yesterday was not completely gone this morning. There was a small part of me that was afraid to sit down to trade today. But, I didn’t dwell on it. I got myself sorted and sat down to watch at 8.48am today.

What struck me immediately today was that the Cable had moved up over 200 pips since I was in the market last Thursday from 1.5806 to 1.6028, the latter being my starting point today. I’m sure there were few out there who must have enjoyed their Forex trading on Thursday and Friday last week and picked up some great pips.

How did I fair today? Great!! I finished today for +3 pips off one buy trade.

I plugged in my trend lines around 35 pips on either side of the current price and settled myself down to watch for my opportunity to arise. The Cable moved up and down by around 6 to 8 pips a couple of times from my starting price today, but nothing that felt right in order for me to enter a trade. But a minute to go before the start of the 9.00am candle, the Swissy began to push down quite confidently, no great momentum, but was moving down minutely and holding. The Euro began to push up and the Cable was doing the same. Momentum on all the currencies wasn’t great, but correlation was present, so in I went for a buy trade at 8.59am at 1.6038. The trade cleared the spread in a couple of seconds and around a further 4 seconds later, I was +3 at 1.6041. I didn’t hang around and exited the trade to finish for the day.


An 11 minute trading session today and I am feeling superb!

Now, I need to be very conscious of how long my trading windows have been since last Monday. Since then, I don’t think I have sat down for more than 30 minutes per session. Granted, of the 4 trades last week, 3 of them – and the 4th, thinking about it, was borderline as well – were pure luck and don’t really mean anything. But today – was perfect and the trading window was short yet again. As you kow, I am putting this all down in the blog, so that when I need to sit for a lot longer, for example for the full maximum slot of 1 hour and 45 minutes without entering a trade, it won’t feel so bad and I won’t end up entering a trade out of boredom. And instead will either wait for all the criteria to be present and trade, or not trade at all for the day.

Nevertheless – today is a great start to the week and I hope I can repeat today’s result over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment