Tuesday 16 November 2010

Playing with fire

I have strayed so much today, I’m afraid there might be no hope for my trading career. Everything I could possibly do wrong was the nature of my trading today. To name a few - staying in trades too long, revenge trading and the scariest, changing the pip value from the £0.50 per pip that I was on to £50.00 per pip to recover the losses made.

I have been through my thought process in prior posts, I’m not going to do it again today. I going to leave you with my screen shot that will tell you what I did today. 11 fucking trades! 11 fucking trades! Theres a friend of mine who used to say I was on drugs, very fucking cheap ones! I really do wonder what a shrink would have to say about me right now?!?

click on the image to zoom in

My capital is standing at £16,868 compared with the £16,858 opening balance of yesterday. If I had followed all the rules this week and remained with the pip value of £0.50 per pip that I am meant to be on, the £10 profit that I have made equates to 20 pips – but what actually took place was a totally different story and is taking me closer and closer to quitting this line of work for good.

It’s clear that if I trade anymore this week, it will just be a disaster. I have survived on luck ever since I started this blog, just like today, my capital should be at £16,813 right now instead of the level I have finished on. It’s just a matter of time, before I wipe out my capital completely, if the last trade where the pip value was at £50 went wrong, which it easily could have, my infamous saying, at one point, applies to this trade as well, I would have wiped a £1,000 off my capital when the all too familiar stop loss would have finally kicked in.

If I am going to give myself any chance at all, any chance – in succeeding in this, I have to take some time off to collect my wits and have a serious think about what the problem is.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment