Wednesday 10 November 2010

a good day and end to the week at last!

It happened at last, I am finishing this week’s trading on a positive. I’m feeling good after today’s session. I felt I waited patiently for criteria today and only got into trades when I felt confident about them. And I was poised to GOWID each time.


I sat down to trade today at 9.25am and finished at 10.01am for an overall profit of +3 pips off two buy trades.

I’m kind of at a loss as to what to say today – usually it’s such doom and gloom and it flows when talking about those days.

My first buy trade which I got in at 9.51am at 1.6002 ended 3 minutes later at 9.54am at 1.6003 for +1 pip. Correlation was present between the Swissy, Euro and Sterling and it looked like momentum was about to kick off. So I thought I’d get in early today. But momentum was lacking and this explains the duration of the trade. The trade did hold for that period though – in fact I missed out on this being +2 pips because by the time I clicked to exit, it had dropped another pip to give me my +1.

The second buy trade was a lot less nerve racking in terms of the length of the trade taking just over 1 minute. In at 10.00am at 1.5993 and out at 10.01 at 1.5995. However, at one point, I was about to GOWID to take a -3 pip hit on this trade, when it edged back upwards. It’s hard to explain, but it looked like it was going to push further up any second, and it did. In this case, I clicked to exit for a +1 pip, but by the time the system took me out, it was up by a further pip to give me my +2 on this trade.

So, hook or by crook, more by crook, I have got myself 10 pips this week which is my weekly target of averaging +2 pips per day done. No more trading for the rest of the week – I mean it, no more trading for the rest of the week! After all, these are the rules I was taught – less is more etc. You know what I am doing here don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment