Thursday 25 November 2010

A good day – but not perfect

Started at 8.47am, two sell trades, +1 pip each and I am done for today. I think I am beginning to recognise the difference between a good trade and a not so good trade. For example, my first trade was iffy, at one point I was -3 pips down, the trade lasted just over a minute and strictly speaking if I was following the rules to the letter, I think you can guess what the results should have been – correct, GOWID for -3 pips.

My second trade on the other hand, was perfect, it lasted 13 seconds to yield a 1 pip profit and I GOWID.

The key is to of course find the right entry point, but that does not mean the trade will go positive as anything can happen, a plane might have just crashed into Buckingham Palace and the currency markets go crazy, so most importantly, being ready to GOWID in a split second is a must.

I think am I getting there, a few more trades like my second trade today and I reckon the anxiety I feel just before trading will be gone too. The feeling after a day like this is great though. As soon as I know I have finished for the day in profit, I can’t wait to close down the platform and report the results in my blog, I’ve had a scan through my posts to date and the scales are clearly tipped for the worse – this has to change, I want to be able to scan through prior posts and really have to look hard to find a bad day.....

It’s Friday tomorrow, the last day for the week, I was going to say, I hope tomorrows session finishes on a good note – what I should be saying is that it will finish on a good note, the worst case scenario should be a couple of small negative trades.....small meaning between -1 and -3 pips. Whereas the best case scenario is my first trade takes off and produces a double digit pip profit and I’m done for the day!!

See you tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment