Wednesday 3 November 2010

Disaster

Well, it happened. Disaster has struck. I started off with one mistake and followed by numerous others.

My first trade, a sell, which I entered at 1.6079 at 9.30am, smack bang in the middle of an announcement that effects the Cable was exited at 1.6102 by use of the stop loss to solidify a whopping -23 pips – something that should never happen if I followed the simple rule of not entering a trade 15 minutes either side of announcements.

My second trade, another sell, entered at 1.6104 at 9.32am, continuing to break rules – entered this trade when still within 15 minutes after an announcement, being hopeful of recovering my previous big loss – all other criteria clearly ignored as well. Surprise, surprise, got stopped out again at 1.6124. -20 pips.

My third trade – as you can see, I am now back into fully fledged gambling mode. I entered this sell trade at 1.6121 at 9.45am and I am still in it as we speak – ridiculous, I know – I just cannot explain what I am thinking right now. This trade is currently at -5 pips and I am still in it – the time is 10.00am........

No comments:

Post a Comment