Wednesday 8 December 2010

System problems

OANDA had system problems today. Either that or my internet connection was poor. So my session was very short and fortunately, didn’t require me to have to contact OANDA to recover losses due to the technical glitch.

After setup I started at 8.57am today. I was fully conscious of my progress yesterday in a good way, and I would like to say I was relaxed when I sat down to watch for my opportunity today. I mentioned to myself a few times this morning, remember GOWID, preserve my capital as a minimum and only trade when criteria is perfect.

The remainder of the 8am candles didn’t produce any moves that I was happy with. But 3 minutes into the 9am candles, the currencies started to correlate well with momentum. I jumped in to a sell trade only to find that my sell order window froze after clicking submit. A good few seconds later, everything shut down, error messages came up asking me to confirm a restart by clicking OK – to cut a long story short, within the 90 seconds it took to get back up and running and close out my trade that was active when the charts reappeared, the activity window showed that I had made 3 pips off the back of 3 trades – the last 2 trades being created as a result of me trying to close out my first trade and OANDA doing some strange stuff.


So since I was somewhat startled by what had just happened and I was miraculously in profit, I chose to finish for the day with a sigh of relief.

Having said this, the fact that the one trade that I consciously (as opposed to OANDA doing funny stuff after) entered, hadn’t gone negative by the time everything had come back to normal, gave me confidence, that my entry point was good and I my decision to enter this trade was sound. Poised to GOWID of course – and I did as soon as the system came alive.

So good news so far......

No comments:

Post a Comment