Friday 24 December 2010

Optimistic finish on Christmas Eve


It feels good to finish the weeks’ last session on a high. One sell trade today for +1 pip. I started at 8.44am after checking the announcements due for today on Forex Factory, my daily routine, and there were no announcements due that affected the currencies I work with. But the currencies were moving extremely slowly this morning. Not just that, the Swissy had a 4 pip spread compared with its normal 1 pip spread, the Euro had a 2 pip spread compared with its normal 1 pip spread and the Cable had a 3 pip spread compared with its normal 2 pip spread.

A sell opportunity arose for me though and I followed all the rules. It cleared 1 pip of the 3 pip spread and held for a good 30 to 40 seconds before clearing the spread in full and going positive by 1 pip. As soon as that happened, I thought that should be it for me today. Finish on a high, close down and enjoy Christmas until Monday, which of course is a bank holiday in the UK, but a normal working day in the US.

So, that me done for Christmas and on that high that I wanted so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment