Tuesday 19 April 2011

Staying in control

I traded in the afternoon session today, starting at 1.41pm and finishing at 3.04pm for +1 pip of two sell trades.


The first trade lasted 11 seconds to produce +1 pip and the second trade lasted slightly longer than I’m normally happy with, 25 seconds, to breakeven. So though I sat through 1 hour and 23 minutes today, I finished on a positive and stuck to my plan by being focused. I did tell myself on a few occasions to stay out as both the 1pm and 2pm candles on the Cable produced decent sized red and green candles respectively but they did not grow in their respective directions with sustained momentum – it did make me feel like I missed out on pips.

However, the important lesson that I am reaffirming to myself at the moment is that, if I’m not comfortable with a move, stay out, or WIDSO, my newly coined term – when in doubt stay out.

Scores, trade one; 9 out of 10, trade two; 8 out of 10, therefore the average score for the day as a whole; 9 out of 10 – I’m happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment