Monday 4 April 2011

Getting there...

I started at 7.39am and finished at 7.53am today for -2 pips off two buy trades and one sell trade. The main achievement today was that I managed to GOWID. My entry points for the trades were not perfect to the extent that I was not completely happy with all of them (especially the second trade), but I am quite happy with today considering that I have finished negative overall.


The first trade in my opinion was the best trade of the three. The duration of the trade was 13 seconds and it didn’t go negative at any point. So all in all, the kind of trade I was after.

The second trade had a poor entry point and I should have GOWID for -3 pips but the old demon in me kept me in the trade only to let me GOWID for -4 pips. Considering that the spread was -3 pips – I think this was a reasonable effort on my part to minimise my losses using GOWID.

The third trade was quite risky in that I think I was in the trade for too long – the duration was 15 seconds and to be honest, I even got confused with the figures as I thought that I got out breaking even, but I had made 1 pip.

I know what it feels like after a good trade had been executed, so if I was scoring trades between 0-10, 0 obviously being I didn’t feel good about the trade at all and 10 being that the trade was perfect in my eyes, today’s trades would be scored as follows;

Trade 1 – 9
Trade 2 – 4
Trade 3 – 7

So average score for the day overall is 7. I think I will try scoring my trades like this for a while to see if it makes any difference to my trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment