Thursday 7 April 2011

Something to learn from

I started as planned for 8.00am (7.57am when I sat down) and finished at 9.02am for -11 pips off two sell trades and one buy trade.


An experienced trader on a forum recently told me about gremlins making you exit trades emotionally and these gremlins ought to be controlled before it is too late – well today was an example of where I lost control of those gremlins.

That large green candle on the Cable meant nothing today either. It was a really strange market. I’m unsure if the BOJ Press Conference and the ECONFIG Meetings had anything to do with today's tough market, as these didn’t have any scheduled times against them, but something was certainly amiss. To put it simply, my entry points were all bad. With hindsight I should not have entered any trades during today’s session even if it meant that I sat through a whole 1¾ hours and still found nothing suitable – a rule which I did well with yesterday.

I’m going straight into scoring the trades and will leave it at that for today, else, I’m just going to end up giving myself a really hard time which I know just doesn’t help. Instead, I simply need to learn from them and not repeat the same mistake.

Trade 1, score 4 (because I did GOWID and the trade lasted 13 seconds).
Trade 2, score 0.
Trade 3, score 0.

Overall score for the day, 1 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment