Wednesday 23 February 2011

No improvement

An early start for me again today at 6.56am and a 7.41am finish for -21 pips off two buy trades.


The first trade was risky, it lasted almost 2 minutes to yield +1 pip. It didn’t go positive straight away and I was in doubt at various stages during the trade. I didn’t GOWID at the first sign of doubt, instead stayed in and watched the Cable move up and down through a couple of pips before eventually clearing the spread to yield that +1 pip. In other words the market was kind to me on this trade, whereas..........

.......trade number 2, after waiting so patiently for 23 minutes since the first trade for another opportunity, was a total disaster and my friend Mr. STOP LOSS took me out to crystallise -22 pips. As usual there’s no justification for why I didn’t GOWID at -8 pips on this trade which is where it dropped to in a split second when the candle reversed without warning – instead of watching it happily drop pip by pip until the STOP LOSS took it out. I’m going to say that this is another lesson for me to learn so I can keep trading, else this would all be very fucking depressing.....

And to think that I considered increasing my pip value to the £45 mark prior to starting this morning! I’m so relieved that I left it at the 5p mark instead.........

No comments:

Post a Comment