Thursday 24 February 2011

4 Pips!

A perfect morning of trading – I started at 6.50am and finished at 6.55am for +4 pips off one sell trade.


I couldn’t have asked for a better result today. I know of course that I can get carried away after a day like this but I want to savour this moment for a few minutes today – it has been a while, in fact, I just looked back on the blog and the last time I had a good trade was way back at the beginning of Feb.

I have said this many a time before, and I am saying it again, I have to wait for that perfect trade where I feel really confident that it will produce positive pips for me, else don’t trade even if it means sitting through the whole 1 hour and 45 minutes.

I am also completely aware that I was only 5 minutes into my trading session today before my trade came up – but as seen from past experience, this is a very rare occurrence. So I have to remind myself that trades like this may not come along as soon as it did today or come along at all for that matter, in a given session.

The other reminder to myself which is also the most important, is exercising GOWID – this rule is paramount to my survival, I have broken this rule so many times it’s ridiculous. I must know this better than anyone else in Forex, it’s so easy to hope that once a trade has gone bad, it will come back and go positive – the point is, as I know way too well, that’s fucking wrong – so here’s me telling myself, fucking GOWID at the first sign of doubt!

There’s an announcement affecting the Euro listed as all day tomorrow which has a medium impact colour associated with it at Forex Factory, so I need to be careful of the effects resulting from the all day announcement and not be trading during the other important announcements. So, based on tomorrows schedule, I cannot trade before 4.15am or between 7.30am and 8.00am or between 8.45am and 9.45am.

Now on to other work I have to do today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment