Friday 25 February 2011

Banging my head against the wall

That’s exactly what it feels like! So I sat down for my second session at 8.06am, entered into two more trades, both sell trades and finished this session at 8.24am for 0 pips.


The first sell trade in this session was relatively okay in terms of exercising GOWID, but the entry point was very poor. When I say relatively okay, it means that after getting in, it moved down very slowly to break even over a period of nearly 3 minutes and throughout this time, I was in doubt, but said to myself that I would get out at the first sign of it reversing, in other words, if I physically saw the candle edge upwards, I would jump ship. And I did jump ship when the trade broke even. Now that I have described my thought process, it’s very clear that this trade was in fact totally wrong and I should not have (I hate this phrase) even been in it. Why? Because I was hoping it would go positive from the point go and managed to stay in the trade for 3 minutes. This was all wrong, the entry point was very poor, and if that is the case, you just don’t get in.

The second sell trade – well, talk about going from bad to worse. Everything was done wrong, the infamous, at one point, applies here, in that the trade was down by -8 or -9 pips at one point, the trade lasted over 7 minutes before I got out to break even and the entry point was very poor. And the funniest thing is that, after getting out, as you can see from the screen shot, the candle continued it’s downward move where if I had stayed in, it could have (I hate this phrase as well) been a +4 pip trade – but as the training course used to point out, these pips were not mine, and they are certainly not deserving if this is how I conduct my trades in the first place.

I think that’s enough of my pointless behaviour for one post, now on to my weeks rounds up;

Mon – did not trade
Tues – did not trade
Wed -21 pips
Thurs +4 pips
Fri 0 pips

Total for the week -17 pips!

The big questions is, can I improve on this next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment