Thursday 28 October 2010

a better day and a good end to the week

If behavioural patterns are anything to go by, last Thursday was a good day and so was today. One buy trade and I finished for the day on +2 pips.


Started my session today quite early at 7.38am and finished at 8.04am, it would be great if trading everyday took as long as this. I was 95% there with the criteria as well. It wasn’t the perfect trade – it did go positive straight away to clear the spread, but then stalled, and reversed to go negative by -2 pips at one point. But I would like to think that I was ready to get out if it got any worse. Due to bad habits, I’m not 100% sure if I would have got out as quickly as I should when a trade is going wrong, but I’m sure I would not have let the dreaded stop loss do it for me though. The Swissy (USD/CHF) and the Euro (EUR/USD), were pushing down and up respectively with reasonable momentum. So I was quite confident that the Cable (GBP/USD) would continue up to allow me to grab 1 or 2 pips – and it did! Also, I was in this trade for around 30 seconds, perhaps 40 at the most – not as quick as I would like it to be, but far better than my prior trades this week.

I think today was a step in the right direction - I’m slowly getting there in following the rules and criteria needed for the perfect trade.

With lots of luck behind me earlier this week that allowed those very risky trades to produce positive pips and the decent enough results of today, takes me to +10 pips for the week. Only needing +2 pips on average per day, I am therefore done for this week and don’t have to trade tomorrow – there, I have said it, so no temptation for me to go ahead and trade tomorrow anyway.

I’ll be back on Monday – enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment