Wednesday 20 October 2010

The Beginning

I was meaning to start this when I actually started my training in Forex a few months ago, but as I am still in training today, here I go - better late than never. I started trading live not so long ago, but have classed myself as still being in training for now.

I am hopeful that this story will have a happy ending in me earning the financial freedom I have been seeking for several years, but its early days and I have some valuable lessons to master first - patience, controlling emotions and following simple rules!

I am currently trading at £1 per pip, and will be looking to double this figure every week – but only as long as I finish each week on positive pips, feel confident that I am being consistent in my trading and can follow simple rules.

This will allow my pip value to automatically increase to a level whereby all I have to do then, is achieve on average, a couple of pips a day and I'm set - sounds easy right? Well......we'll just have to see how easy I make it.

Let me start with today’s trading results;

Trade 1 was a buy trade, in at 1.5722 and my stop loss took me out at 1.5699. So a great 1st trade, today at -23 pips. Didn’t follow any of the rules at all!

Trade 2 was another buy trade, in at 1.5700 and exited at 1.5694, another superb trade, -6 pips.

Trade 3, buy trade, in at 1.5695 and exited at 1.5726. +31 pips. I should be happy right? Back to break even, a clean slate………I think relieved and lucky better describe how I feel after this trade. This is another example of a trade executed outside of all the rules I should be following.

Trade 4, a further buy trade, in at 1.5748 and exited at 1.5750 for +2 pips. I am happy to say that this trade was executed within the rules.

I closed down the platform after the 4th trade saying to myself, that last trade or nothing at all is exactly what I am after day in day out.

Here’s to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment