Wednesday 27 October 2010

Another day of CRAP

There was a crazy movement upwards on the GBP/USD yesterday on the 9am candle – after I had already finished for the day of course! The GDP figures announced at 9.30am were better than expected and the 9am candle had an upward movement of 110 pips!! I wonder how many enjoyed this candle for a profit.


9am Candle after GDP figures announcement yesterday

Later start today and there didn’t seem to be much movement during set up. I settled down to watch at 9.40am and finished trading at 10.07am. How do I feel today? Better than yesterday, but only marginally. The good news is that I finished today after one trade again for +2 pips. But, the big But, there was still luck involved in this trade – I was down -4 pips at one point and I was still in the trade – no surprises there huh? The trade also lasted 3 minutes from 10.04 – 10.07am before I exited for +2 pips. The question I ask myself now is, if that trade had continued in the negative direction, when would I have come out? Not -4, I was there already at one point. -5? -6? My stop loss to have taken me out? Based on past experience, I think the stop loss would have done the job! This is no bloody good! Was this trade better than the two earlier this week? I think not! In fact, the title of today’s post was “Small improvement” – I just changed it.

My trade today
Onwards and upwards – no pun intended – Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment